In George Orwell’s 1984, the main character is forced to simultaneously believe 2+2=4 and 2+2=5. While this was conditioned into him by extreme torture from a totalitarian government, liberals obligingly do this to themselves in order to feel good about who they are. Here are 10 of Frick’s favorite brain-twisting contradictions from the universe of Doublethink:
- Passing sweeping entitlements of which the long-term viability is based on an ever rising population, while simultaneously pushing an extreme environmentalist and abortion agenda that portrays humans as carbon footprints and fetuses as diseases.
- Trying to push European-style social democracy in the United States, even as Europe’s finances collapse and its entitled, morally weakened citizens riot. This is the case despite minimalist defense budgets with national defense strategies dependent on United States defense spending.
- Simultaneously emphasizing stricter gun control laws for law-abiding citizens and more lenient approaches to hardened criminals.
- Believing that no moral value system is inherently superior to any other moral value system, with the exception that moral relativism is superior to any other moral value system.
- Protesting against a military who for 230+ years has defended a Constitution that gives them the right to protest.
- Protesting against a capitalist system that has given them the iPhones and social media through which they organize to protest.
- Elevating individual choice and free speech, insofar as choices and speeches are individually and freely done in alignment with the liberal collective.
- Calling George Zimmerman a White Hispanic, but calling Barack Obama black.
- Pushing to get trials for currently detained terrorists in U.S. civilian courts while engaging in mass assassinations of currently undetained terrorists anywhere else in the world.
- Overlooking the President’s appointment of a 9/11 Truther (Van Jones) while using Birther conspiracies as an argument that it’s Obama’s opposition who’s crazy.
Bonus round: Putting “job destroyers” on your jobs council. (h/t Hotair)